Updates on items previously mentioned in the blog or via Twitter:
My Bread Starter
Hermione is doing well! The first baking since her defrosting was last Thursday. I made mini-muffins, I didn’t have time to do them all at once so I refrigerated the batter and did some over a few days until it was all gone. We just finished eating them this morning! They tasted good. I used pudding mix that had mini-chocolate chips in it. The children have been enjoying them for breakfast, as a lunchbox treat, and for snacks. I sprinkled red sugar on top of one batch, and took a basket of them, along with some Valentine napkins, to our play rehearsal on the 13th. They were a big hit! Hard to believe that baking day will be here again tomorrow! I haven’t decided yet if I want to do bread loaves or use the chocolate chip cookie recipe I used before. I’m leaning toward the cookies.
My goal has been to lift weights twice a week and have an aerobic workout at least twice a week – preferable TurboKick, since that’s the most intense, but other classes or home DVDs are acceptable. Last week I just made it to the gym for weight lifting but this week I’ve done one Turbo Kick class, one Hip Hop class (new to me, it was fun & a good workout!), lifted weights once at the gym and once at home with a sculpting DVD. I’ve been avoiding the scale since I still seem to keep going back & forth between the same 2-3 pounds. I’m trying to lose 7 pounds. I’m doing better sticking with my Medifast program, but have been incorporating a few more non-Medifast meals/foods. I was actually planning to start transitioning (I miss eating food!) but I didn’t contact Medifast in time to stop my automatic shipment so I’ll stay on the program a little longer and try to make the most of my last month or so on the full program. I’ll be doing a series of posts soon devoted to my Medifast journey.
I had decided that for the month of January, I would declutter one kitchen drawer or cabinet per day. This should have taken 22 days so that in less than a month I would have a nicely purged & organized kitchen. Unfortunately I lost my mojo the first week and only got through five drawers/cabinets. This project needs to be completed but for now instead of some sort of “program” I’m planning to just try to fit it in here and there. If that doesn’t seem to be working then I’ll recommit.
I got so tired of the pile up of dishes in and around the sink (and me being pretty much the only one who was loading & unloading the dishwasher) that I started a family challenge. The challenge was for each family member to put his or her dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full, the family member is to add soap and run the dishwasher. If a family member has dirty dishes but the dishwasher is running, the family member is to put the dirty dishes in soapy water in the sink. If we are able to do this for 21 days straight, we will have a pizza & movie night. So far we are 12 days into a successful challenge. I’m really pleased! Muggle Man & I are already coming up with ideas for future challenges.