Why yes, it has been a while since my last post. What better way to jump back in than with a “Follow Up Friday” post so I can follow up on previous posts and catch you up a bit on what-all has been going on with me.
First, regarding previous blog post subjects:
- Hermione the bread starter is no longer. I had a bunch in the freezer but ended up throwing it out in a big clean-out. I would like to maintain another starter someday, not necessarily the Amish Friendship Bread, but right now I feel like I have enough other things to take care of!
- I still plan to finish my series about our Barking Mad Harry Potter Weekend because it is still fresh and beautiful in my mind and something I will always remember!
- I also plan to finish my series about training for my first 5K. *Spoiler Alert* – I completed the 5K, in a time I was pleased with, even! Unfortunately I never did start to like running but for a reason which shall be revealed, last month I completed another 5K AND a Half Marathon! What the what?!
- We sold our cluttered house and bought what is pretty much our dream house (not necessarily in that order …). Lots more deets to follow on all that.
- Since we moved I haven’t been shopping at ALDI very often
- I’m not sure where my french Harry Potter book is
- I am now working outside the home part-time as an inventory auditor
- I have become a “Hunger Games” fan
- We adopted two cats, adorable solid black brothers we named Toby and Tolkien, aka The Chocolate Drops. You can see a picture or two of them on my Instagram and on Crookshank’s (might as well call him by his real name now that we have more than one cat! = Teddy) Twitter account, @Teddy0605. The kittens are so cute and entertaining that I’m working on a new blog about them that I hope to make live soon.
- Not to brag, but I have over 1,000 Followers on Pinterest — would love for you to join us!
- I have a precious nephew, “Teddy Lupin,” who turns two tomorrow
- Time marches on! Ron is now 17, Ginny turns 13 next month, and Muggle Man and I celebrate our 25th anniversary this year!
What caused this sudden re-emergence into blogging? An opportunity to write reviews for a website which required samples of my writing. I sent a link to my blog, which of course I “keep meaning” to update. As I looked back over old posts, I came across this one, and it was such a wake-up call and reminder of why I started my blog in the first place (I really should print it out and post it for frequent reference!). My blog needs me, and I need it!
(All aboard The Feels Train)
Thanks for checking on me, as always please Tweet me @realmugglemom
(skeleton) photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/notionscapital/3397858623/”>Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>cc</a>
(blogging cloud) photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/barnett/2836828090/”>Kristina B</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>cc</a>
(Feels Train) http://www.funnyjunk.com added by poxitorium at Zombie Master